Is it really better to list your Pagosa Springs home in the spring instead of the fall or winter? We’ve heard the most common reasons, including:
- People don’t look for mountain properties in the winter
- Let it “rest” off the market and relist it in MLS so it will be fresh again
The fact is, these strategies were successful 10 years ago. The internet has changed everything. We are not only marketing your Pagosa Springs home for sale in MLS. Galles Properties’ real estate listings are uploaded to hundreds of websites. How do we make your property stand out? We believe that the longer it’s listed, the better its position will be.
Let’s look at the top five reasons you should list your property in the winter.
- The web never sleeps — our clients search for homes all the time. In fact, some of the coldest months in Pagosa Springs bring in the largest amount of search traffic because people are inside! If you want them to find your home, then it has to be listed — especially in the winter.
- Area real estate agents have short-term memories — suppose an agent down the road has a client visit in January who would love your home. If your home is not listed, then it won’t be shown.
- The web has long-term memory — it takes effort, time, and money to keep Galles Properties listings at the front of the pack on the search engine results pages (SERPs). The longer your listing is on the web, the faster it will rise to the top when people are searching. The sooner we get your home posted on our site, the faster we can build its search “equity.” Once you take your home down, you will have to start all over again to gain your original ranking.
- Third-party sites are not always your friends — plenty of third-party sites will show a complete listing history of your property, including price history, when it was on and off the market, and satellite photos. This data is pulled from sources that are not always reliable. Unless your home is listed with us, we cannot work with these sites to help maintain accuracy.
At Galles Properties, we work year-round, as we live in a tourist-based economy and the perfect prospect for your home may be right around the corner! Our office is fully staffed seven days a week.
If you are considering taking your property off the market, please contact your Galles Properties real estate broker first. Ask them to review a current market report with you so that you can make an informed decision about the best strategy moving forward. We are here to help!